Donations are the best way to maximise benefit to the Seal Rescue Centre
In 2018 & 2019, supporters just like you allowed SRI to rescue 255 orphaned, sick and injured seals! As the only seal rescue facility in the Republic of Ireland we are solely responsible for responding to all orphaned, sick & injured seal pups nationwide. Any donation great or small makes a huge difference. Without your support we cannot continue rescuing these protected, yet otherwise neglected seal pups.
By donating to SRI, you are directly gifting these animals a second chance at life as well as allowing SRI to take lead in the fight against climate change, ocean pollution, habitat degradation and unsustainable fishing.
How your donations will help:
- €20 – buys 4 litres of pure electrolyte solution which is essential for hydrating pups newly admitted pups and and making Fish Soup.
- €50 – buys 4 litres of pure salmon oil to boost growth, fat storage and neurological development.
- €100 – buys 125kg of high-grade herring which will feed one sick or injured pup for 21 days, allowing them to gain strength to enter the nursery pools.
- €500 – buys 625kg of herring which is all the food one seal will need to be fit for release back to the wild.
€500 donations receive a shout out on our Our Friends page.
SRI’s work would not be possible with out supporters like you!
Considering our long standing relationships with most of our suppliers, financial support is usually the most effective way to support the pups in our care. However, many people prefer to donate physical items that are essential to our operation. We’ve put together an Amazon Wishlist to make donating items as easy as possible.
Alternatively, you may wish to locally source any of the items listed below, which is also greatly appreciated.
- Folding Tables
- Folding Chairs
- Electric Kettles
- Laundry Detergent
- Dish Soap
- Paper Towels
- Epsom Salt (for seal baths)
- Highlighters & White board markers
- Scrubbing brushes (with long handles)
- Glucose Powder
- Hoses and fittings for kennels
- Laminating Sheets
- Pens and office supplies
- Transformer (to be able to use tools)
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Cotton pads
- Plastic bins and tubs
- Rubber Gloves
- Printer Paper
- Shower curtains (waterproof)
- Injection syringes
- Gift Cards (petrol, PrePay Power, Tesco, Aldi, etc.)
- Feeding syringes
- Measuring jugs
- Stainless steal bowls
- Tape (electrical/duct/painters/masking)
- Thermometers (waterproof)
- Electric Heaters (stand alone)
- Garbage bags