Our internship programme is a three-month immersive opportunity to learn the dynamic world of marine mammal care and conservation.
SRI was rated in the Top 20 conservation internships worldwide by Conservation Careers!
- Minimum of 12-weeks, but longer commitments are encouraged.
- We expect our interns to be passionate and committed to animal welfare as well as marine conservation.
- Willing to work long hours in sometimes challenging conditions.
- SRI offers shared housing for interns and staff at the rate €90 per week. This accommodation is located just a short walk from the Centre and includes food, basic living needs, electricity, wifi and bed in a shared room.
Applications currently being accepted for the following internships:
- Animal Care and Education Internship
- Education Internship
- Community Engagement Internship
- Marketing and Media Internship
All internships include hands on animals care experience in conjunction with other specialised focuses.
Please send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover Letter stating your interest and availability
- Application form
- 1st June 2020 for October-December, 2020 start dates.
- 1st September 2020 for January-April, 2021 start dates.
- 2nd January 2021 for May-August, 2021 start dates.
- 1st May 2021 for September-December, 2021 start dates.
- “I cannot express how educational and meaningful my time at Seal Rescue Ireland was! From the hands-on rehabilitation techniques taught by experienced animal care professionals, to the friends I made in this close knit community of wildlife activists and environmentalists – this internship is well worth all of the hard work it requires. I highly recommend this internship to anybody looking to further diversify their career in the field of animal care.” – Katlyn (United States), Education & Animal Care Intern. Feeling curious about her experience? Check out Katlyn’s blog : Kate Saves Seals
- “SRI gave me the opportunity to work with some of the most amazing and inquisitive animals in the world and see a side to nature that I have never been exposed to before. The work that the volunteers put in to both running the centre and caring for the seals is nothing short of heroic. I learned so much from all of them, about both sustainability and life in general. The friends I made there are definitely ones I will always have. The experience I had with SRI is one I will never forget and one I hope to be a part of again” – Ross (Ireland), Education & Animal Care Intern.