Seal Rescue Ireland is rated in the Top 20 conservation internships worldwide by Conservation Careers!
Our internship programme is a 3-month immersive opportunity to learn the dynamic world of marine mammal care and conservation.
Seal Rescue Ireland offers highly acclaimed, seasonal internships throughout the year.
If you are interested in kick-starting a career in marine biology, veterinarian science, wildlife rehabilitation or conservation, this multi-faceted programme provides training on marine mammal husbandry and public education while providing unforgettable memories with a dedicated team of international volunteers.
Applications are currently being accepted for the following internships
All internships include hands-on animal care experience in conjunction with other specialised focuses.
Please send the following documents to [email protected]
- Cover Letter stating your interest and availability
- Application form
If you are interested in other SRI volunteering opportunities please visit this page.
- Minimum of 12-weeks, but longer commitments are encouraged.
- We expect our interns to be passionate and committed to animal welfare as well as marine conservation.
- Willing to work long hours in sometimes challenging conditions.
- SRI offers shared housing for interns and staff at the rate of €90.00 per week. This accommodation is located just a short walk from the Centre and includes food, basic living needs, electricity, wifi and bed in a shared room.
- “I cannot express how educational and meaningful my time at Seal Rescue Ireland was! From the hands-on rehabilitation techniques taught by experienced animal care professionals to the friends I made in this close-knit community of wildlife activists and environmentalists – this internship is well worth all of the hard work it requires. I highly recommend this internship to anybody looking to further diversify their career in the field of animal care.” –
Katlyn (United States), Education & Animal Care Intern. Feeling curious about her experience? Check out Katlyn’s blog: Kate Saves Seals
- “SRI gave me the opportunity to work with some of the most amazing and inquisitive animals in the world and see a side to nature that I have never been exposed to before. The work that the volunteers put into both running the centre and caring for the seals is nothing short of heroic. I learned so much from all of them, about both sustainability and life in general. The friends I made there are definitely ones I will always have. The experience I had with SRI is one I will never forget and one I hope to be a part of again” –
Ross (Ireland), Education & Animal Care Intern.