Marketing and Media Coordinator
Seal Rescue Ireland (SRI) is a charity organisation which operates a busy marine animal rescue and rehabilitation centre located in Courtown, Co. Wexford. As the only facility that fully rehabilitates seals within the Republic of Ireland, SRI responds to strandings nationwide. Most reports are for young Grey Seal (Halichoerus grypus) and Common Seal (Phoca vitulina) pups found sick, injured or orphaned across the Irish coastline. In addition, SRI pursues understanding and public engagement of ocean conservation and sustainability through education, community outreach and research programmes. SRI has a growing social media presence, and is gaining international recognition for its work.
SRI is currently accepting applications for their Marketing and Media Coordinator position. This high paced, full-time position is for a minimum of 6 months, but longer time commitments are encouraged. Compensation is provided in the form of all housing, food, utilities and basic necessities along with a €300/month stipend. After an initial 3 month period, we will review work performance. This is a position with opportunities for further growth and development.
Seal Rescue Ireland is searching for a candidate to fill this position in August. Applications will be accepted until the 20th of July. Due to Covid-19, this position is only open to applicants that are currently residing in Ireland.
Reports to: Operations Manager
Job Summary: This position will provide the candidate with work experience in all aspects of a rescue and rehabilitation centre with a primary focus on producing quality media content, digital design, written content, photos and video for use on our website, social media, monthly newsletter, adoptions programme, marketing, educational and fundraising projects. The coordinator will lead marketing and advertising projects, fundraising programs and events, and other administrative tasks. This position requires a skilled photographer who will be responsible for capturing consistent photographs and videos of the animals in care, daily activities at the centre, and events on and off-site (i.e. rescues, releases, educational talks, outreach events, etc.), as well as editing and developing content consistent with SRI’s message of ocean conservation and sustainability. Partial involvement in assisting in husbandry care of rehabilitation animals is an option if interested.
Requirements: Applicants must have a keen interest in marine conservation, and environmental stewardship. Skills in developing media content and photography are a must, with examples of your work to be submitted with your application. Applicants must have effective communication skills to a wide variety of audiences, the ability to represent SRI in a professional manner at all times and work well in a team environment. Applicants must possess the ability to adapt to an ever-changing work environment, and be available to work nights, weekends and holidays. Public speaking, writing skills, graphic design (preferably Adobe Cloud) and website maintenance skills are encouraged. A degree or pursuit of a degree in business management, communication, marketing, public relations, or a similar field is preferred. Applicants must be fluent in English (C1 Level), since this role involves communicating with the public and developing written content.
– Create content and coordinate SRI’s social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr and TikTok)
– Develop a bi-monthly newsletter and blog posts
– Represent SRI at fundraising, educational and networking events
– Assist in design, development and maintenance of the SRI website and signage
– Keep up-to-date photographs and video of the seals in care
– Photograph events and daily tasks for use in media, marketing and promotional purposes
– Develop educational and promotional written content
– Participate in educational talks and tours and aid in overseeing the gift shop and visitor centre
– Assist with clerical duties, admin and office work as needed
– Provide assistance to the managers and rehabilitation staff as needed
– (Optional)-Assist in the care and maintenance of the Center’s rehabilitation animals (feeding, medical treatment, daily care, routine cleaning of enclosures and work areas), and assist with rescue and release of stranded animals.
Application Deadline: 20th of July, 2020
Please send application form completed with your resume, cover letter, and a brief portfolio of your writing and photography to: [email protected]
Attention: Marketing and Media Coordinator