SRI Experience (2 days – 4 weeks)
€150.00 – €275.00
Our “SRI Experience” is a short term, full time programme that gives you the opportunity to work alongside our animal care staff and take part in our exciting marine mammal rehabilitation work! Please confirm your desired start date at least two weeks in advance, so that our staff can make arrangements.
- Assist with feeding and daily care of seals in rehabilitation
- Routine cleaning of enclosures and work area
- Daily animal dietary preparations
- Maintain and update medical records
- Learn and practice hygiene protocols
- Assist with SRI’s many ongoing conservation initiatives as well as, basic maintenance of the facility.
- Potentially assist with releases and other special events
- Take part in our immersive education programme
- Assist with ongoing community engagement and fundraisers (optional)
Duration: 2 days – 4 weeks (5 days a week)
- 10-15 year olds require parent supervision (See SRI Experience 2 Persons)
- 16 & 17 year olds require signed parental waiver form
- 18+ no additional requirements
Important information before booking:
- Please confirm your desired start date at least two weeks in advance (4 weeks or weekends).
- Unfortunately, our hospital facility is not wheelchair accessible. There are no other physical requirements for this position since the program will be adjusted for all capabilities.
- Once your dates are confirmed please finalise payment online at least 2 weeks prior to reserve your booking. Once we receive payment, you will receive a correspondence email regarding what you’ll need for your special day!”
- Booking fee is non-refundable if cancelled within two weeks of program date, and cancellation fees apply if cancelled prior to the two weeks.
- There is no onsite housing available but we can send a list of recommended local accommodation options.
|Number of People|