Are you looking for a rewarding wildlife rescue opportunity?
This no-experience-needed programme will have you rescuing and transporting orphaned, sick and injured seal pups in no time.
Every year, Seal Rescue Ireland has a growing number of reports of distressed or stranded seals from around the entire coast of the Republic of Ireland. Whether that’s due to growing environmental threats or increased public awareness of our services, we now need more trained volunteers nationwide than ever before.
We host regular Rescue Training Workshops on zoom. Currently, we have a growing network of over 900 trained rescue volunteers nationwide. After attending just one, 3-hour workshop, you’ll be qualified to operate under Seal Rescue Ireland’s Wildlife Handling License.
Book your spot for upcoming training in three easy steps!
- Book your spot for one of our planned Rescue Training Workshops.
- The Stranding Network Coordinator will then reach out to you with a liability waiver to fill out and zoom detail.
- Then just attend the training session and you will be all set!
For information on Rescue Network Opportunities outside of Ireland, visit globalstrandingnetwork.com
Who can volunteer with our Stranding Network?
- Residents of the Republic of Ireland
- Anyone with a valid driver’s license and access to a car
- You must be 18+ in age
What will I learn at the workshop?
- Learn the fundamental ecology of seals and their environment.
- How to determine if a seal is in need of care based on its physical condition and behaviour.
- How to lift an orphaned, sick or injured seal and transport it.
- How to engage with the public when a distressed or healthy seal is found.
What will I need?
- A sturdy box or dog crate to transport the seal in
- A large towel to use when moving the seal
- Gloves and Waterproof Pants