Terms and Conditions of Sale
By using this website the buyer agrees to be legally bound by the seller’s Terms and Conditions and by all other applicable provisions. The purchase of merchandise through the Seal Rescue Ireland website is strictly limited to parties who can lawfully enter into and form contracts on the Site in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Ireland. In accessing the website you agree that you will access the content solely for your personal, non-commercial use. All illustrations, designs, icons, graphics, photographs, pictures and any other items included in this website are the exclusive property of Seal Rescue Ireland.
In these Terms and Conditions:
- “Seller”, “us” and “we” are references to Seal Rescue Ireland owner of this website which is an Irish Registered Charity, Registration No. 20108519, with a registered office at Seal Rescue Ireland, Courtown Harbour, Gorey, co Wexford;
- “Buyer”, “you” and “your” are references to the purchaser of the goods from us;
- “Goods” means the goods specified in the Seller’s invoice;
- “Contract” means the contract between Seller and Buyer for the sale and purchase of the Goods which incorporates these Terms & Conditions;
- “Terms” means these terms and conditions;
- “Site” means the Seal Rescue Ireland website.
1. PURCHASING GOODS ONLINE
- In order to make purchases through the Site, the buyer must provide their real name, phone number, e-mail address and other requested information as indicated.
- When ordering items, the buyer will be required to provide payment details and you represent and warrant that the payment details you provide on ordering are both valid and correct and you confirm that you are the person referred to in the billing information provided.
- When an order is made online, the order confirmation issued by the company clearing the credit/debit card payment does not constitute acceptance of your order by us. We reserve the right to check any discrepancies and an order will only be processed when it is verified by us.
- All orders are subject to acceptance and availability.
- Any error in the ordering process due to technical or other reasons beyond the seller’s control entitles us not to treat the order as being binding on us.
- Purchases made on the Site are for the personal or gift use of the buyer only and are not to be used for resale.
- There is no limit on the value of goods that can be purchased by any individual or on any individual credit card in any one transaction.
- The Site displays products which form its collection. They are normally products that are in stock and available for dispatch, however on occasion certain products that are in particularly high demand will sell out quickly. Should this be the case, you can contact our Gift Shop Manager using [email protected] who will be happy to add your details to the waiting list and contact you should the item again become available to arrange payment
- Phone number may be used and displayed on package for courier service.
2. YOUR ORDER
- Once a choice has been made and the order has been placed, the buyer will receive an email acknowledging the details of the order. This email is NOT an acceptance of the order. Unless the buyer cancels the order in accordance with the seller’s Cancellation Policy, acceptance of the order and completion of the contract between buyer and seller will be perfected when we dispatch the goods to you.
- The sale contract is therefore concluded in Ireland and the language of the contract is English. The contract will be subject to these terms and conditions and governed by Irish law and the buyer agrees to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts in respect of any dispute that may arise under it.
- The seller reserves the right not to accept the buyer’s order in the event, for example, that we are unable to obtain authorization for payment or that the item ordered is out of stock. In the unlikely event that something that has been ordered is out of stock and discontinued the buyer will be issued a refund.
- Prices shown on the Site are in Euros. The price of a product displayed on the Site at the time the order is accepted will be honoured.
- If the buyer is from outside the EU, you may also incur duties levied by the jurisdiction to which you have specified delivery.
- The cost of postage and packaging will be detailed before you enter your payment details.
- Payment for Goods and for the cost of packaging and delivery where applicable must be made before the Goods are despatched.
- Payment can be made by Visa, MasterCard and PayPal. The seller does not accept payment by cheque, for online purchases. In all cases, delivery will not occur until we are satisfied that the payment has cleared.
- If the issuer of the buyer’s payment card refuses to authorise payment to the seller, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery.
- All credit card transactions on this Site are processed using Paypal or Stripe, both secure online payment gateways that encrypt your card details in a secure host environment. All data exchanged during the payment process is SSL secured (Secure Socket Layer). The VeriSign Certificate for SSL transactions offers the highest security available today. Look for the locked padlock icon at the bottom of your browser window to see if you’re protected.
- The seller does not hold any credit card details on our Site or in our customer database.
All Internet orders received will be posted using national postal services. Delays may be experienced during certain times of the year and if this is the case we will contact you as soon as possible via email. Please allow 3 working days for dispatch and bear in mind time taken for delivery completion will be subject to clearing customs of the shipping address jurisdiction.
- Do I need to sign for my purchase? No, a signature is not usually required for deliveries and please note that we are unable to pass additional delivery instructions to couriers. Specific address details should be provided in the shipping address section when completing checkout
- How long does it normally take to receive my shopping? All deliveries sent to Ireland addresses generally arrive within 3 to 5 business days. Overseas deliveries will take a little longer and may be subject to customs delays. Should you wish to have your shopping delivered to an alternative address please state this in the shipping address section. Items which are sent to an address other than that of the card billing address may be subject to confirmation with the card holder. Occasionally some items may not be in stock immediately and this can cause short delays – if this happens our Giftshop Manager will make contact to let you know of any problems. We will do our utmost to despatch all orders within 3 days of receipt, subject to stock availability and credit card authorisation.
The seller will not be liable for any loss, damages or penalty resulting from delay in delivery of the goods when such delay is due to causes beyond the reasonable control of the seller, including without limitation, supplier delay, force majeure, act of God, labour unrest, or fire. In any such event, the delivery date will be deemed extended for a period equal to the delay.
Every effort is made to ensure your shopping arrives in perfect condition, however in the unlikely event that goods are damaged in transit or arrive faulty the buyer will be entitled to a replacement or refund. To claim a replacement or refund, the buyer should email [email protected] including their name, order number and details of the damage within 7 days of receiving the goods.
6. CANCELLATION, RETURN & EXCHANGE
- The seller’s aim is to ensure that the buyer is fully satisfied with the goods. If, for any reason, the buyer is not satisfied with the goods purchased, the buyer has a right to cancel the contract within 14 days from the date that you receive the goods. If you wish to return an item for whatever reason you may contact us by email at [email protected] within 14 days stating the reason for return. In the event of cancellation, we require that you return the goods to us at your own cost.
- Our address for all returns is Seal Rescue Ireland, Courtown Harbour, Gorey, co. Wexford. Ireland
- The buyer must take reasonable care of all goods in their possession and return them to us, with their original packaging and tags, within 7 days from the cancellation date.
- In order to qualify for return, the goods must fulfil the following requirements: goods may not have been used or damaged; goods must be returned in their original packaging.
- The seller will make refunds of the purchase price, but excluding refund of postage and packaging costs to the buyer, in accordance with these terms within 30 days of the date of the notice of cancellation. All accurately returned products will be credited to the original buyer excluding shipping charges. Refunds of international customs duties and sales taxes (if applicable) are excluded on shipments outside the European Community (EU).
- If the buyer needs to exchange an item for a different size you may cancel the order at anytime during the cancellation period by providing the seller with a notice of cancellation. The seller can only exchange an item for another, subject to availability. Exchanged items can only be dispatched after the returned goods have been received and undergone a quality control check.
- In the event that the seller mistakenly sends goods which do not match the order, or the quality of the goods sent is not up to standard, please contact the seller before returning any items. The seller, once the mistake or defect has been verified, will refund any transport costs incurred (both ways) upon receipt of the corresponding proof of purchase previously requested from the buyer.
- In the event of any failure to return any goods to the seller within the stipulated time limits, even though validly cancelled, we shall have the right to charge any costs of recovery of the goods.
- If items are returned you should ask for proof of postage from your post office as we reserve the right to refuse a refund if an item is lost whilst being returned
7. COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE
If you wish to make a complaint, you may do so by writing to us at: Seal Rescue Ireland, Courtown Harbour, Gorey, co. Wexford or by emailing: [email protected]
These terms are the only terms and conditions on which we contract for the sale of goods and they form an integral part of the contract between us. If we agree to vary any of the terms, the variation must be in writing confirmed by our duly authorised representative and by you. If you disagree with our terms and conditions and/or with any other of the applicable provisions, you are not permitted to use the website.