The Seal Rescue Centre is open to the public 7 days a week for free tours throughout the day!
Join us for a unique, educational experience that is great for all ages.
Meet the seal pups, learn their stories, and check out our gift shop! For regular tours, there is no need to book ahead. SRI also offers exciting programmes including school tours, birthday parties, or behind the scenes experiences. Please book these in advance. Keep an eye on our Facebook page and website for upcoming events such as beach clean-ups, rescue trainings, seal releases and more!
Originally established in June 2010 as “Dingle Wildlife and Seal Sanctuary” located in Co Kerry, the facility was destroyed by a a series of winter storms at the beginning of 2014. At that point, the organisation rebranded as “Seal Rescue Ireland” and moved to the current site in Courtown, Co Wexford, where we’ve continued our work ever since. Since 2014, our efforts have resulted in successful rehabilitation and release of over 350 EU protected, native seals.
Our facility comprises of 6 (out of view) intensive care units, twelve kennels with baths & heat mats, four large nursery pools, a seal hospital/ food prep kitchen, a public picnic and garden area, and our visitor centre with and education space and gift shop.
The centre is at its busiest during the two pupping seasons.
Common seals are generally born during the summer months of June and July.
Grey seals are generally born in Autumn and Winter, between October and December.
The beautiful Courtown Harbour is nestled quietly amongst a vast area of natural beauty. If you’re looking for a weekend getaway or even a day trip down from Dublin or the Midlands make the quick trip down the “The Sunny South-East”.
Activities Near By
- VISIT OUR SEALS!
- Explore the wild & well kept Courtown Woods, with walkways for all ages.
- Follow your toes as you wander along our golden, East coast
- Get your swimming trunks on and dive into the Irish Sea
- Enjoy a frothy pint of Ireland’s black gold and a deliciously warm bite to eat at one of Courtown’s cafe’s, bars, restaurants or pubs.
- Have a laugh at Pirate’s Cove, Courtown Adventure & Leisure Centre, Flanagan’s Wharf, Courtown Amusement Centre or any of the other activities you’ll find if you come visit this gorgeous coastal community.
For many more ideas visit: lovegorey.ie